Download Movies Ultra HD 4K

The Rage: Carrie 2 (1999) This movie is very underrated!

I watched this late last night on Channel 7. I first noticed that that was this hot goth-like chick playing the title role and there were people I'd seen before like Jason London, that idiot form Home Improvement Zachary Ty Bryan and Mena Suvari who had a busy year in 1999 with American Pie and American Beauty.

I think critics had a go at this film, but in my opinion this was a very worthy sequel to the original. For starters, it stayed true to the idea of having actors who are in their 20s playing teenagers (that was a joke) because Sizzy Spacek was 26 when she played Carrie in the original and we've got a 24 year old playing Rachel Long in this film here as well as a few 27 year old people playing some of the jocks.

I just loved seeing those jocks and back-stabbers getting what they deserved. They acted so well to get you to hate them. You could feel Rachel's pain and the evil within her and what she was doing... although it was so brutal and Satan-like... it was something you could somewhat cheer for. It's an amazing scene with all the glass shattering. Incredible!

But never mind that - the acting is very good in this film. The storyline is a little bit thin at times but on top of all of that it still is rather original. Some good special effects, some pretty good comedy from that American Pie nerd guy (you know who I am talking about) and it's a lot better than most modern day teen horror schlock! I put this film alongside Freddy vs. Jason as one of the most surprisingly good teen horror films of the last decade. All those Halloween sequels, and Scream if you know what I did last summer crap as well as those films that try to take the mickey out of teen horror films are worthy of more than enough Razzies when compared to this film.

I'm so glad this film wasn't nominated for Razzies.

I can't believe Emily Bergl is 30 now! She deserves more roles in movies because she is a bloody good actress with an original and unique look about her.

Share :

Facebook Twitter Google+
0 Komentar untuk "The Rage: Carrie 2 (1999) This movie is very underrated!"

Back To Top